In light of the news from Brussels this morning where 31 have been killed and more than 150 injured due to yet another horrifying terrorist attack, we need to keep our eyes and ears open now more than ever. Now is the time to remain vigilant and throw political correctness in the garbage. Lives are at stake here and we must do our part to report any suspicious activity.
In our #OpenEyesSaveLives campaign, we hope to remind you of important tips that you need to keep in mind as we all try to do the best we can to protect our communities and our loved ones. What happened in Brussels this morning could happen in any city in the United States.
As the world watches Europe right now, we have to to keep our eyes open in communities as the on-going threat of terror remains. New York City as well as DC and other major cities in the U.S. have now raised the terror alert to the highest levels. The time to be vigilant is now. Stay alert, be aware, and speak up.
Remember the Times Square bomber back in 2010 who left his SUV running with the keys in it un-attended. It took a street vendor seeing the unusual SUV with smoke coming from it and notified authorities. He literally saved thousands of lives in Times Square that day. It was the quick reaction of a citizen who noticed something and took action that helped saved lives.
It is imperative that we stay alert and understand what to actually look for.
If you see or notice any of the below or additional suspicious activities, please contact the local authorities immediately. Remember, you can do so anonymously.
Here are a few more national security tips on what to look for, as well as a few important reminders:
- Unusual clothing in a particular setting.
- If you live in a warm state such as Florida or Arizona and see someone dressed in an overcoat or unusual clothing for the season and the place, they may be hiding or packing explosives or a suicide belt. Report anyone appearing unusual to the authorities immediately.
- Backpacks, bags, and luggage left unattended. Be aware if a person strategically places and leaves a bag.
- Unusual activity in or around your neighborhood. (You know best!)
- The signs you heard about in the news in connection with the San Bernardino attack is the perfect example.
- Take note of a person taking pictures or recording of a building’s side doors, loading dock, cameras and back alley.
- This includes any sporting event, concert, stadium or arena.
- Always trust your instincts
- We cannot emphasize this point enough. Better safe than sorry. If you strongly feel uncomfortable about a situation or a person, please do not hesitate to call the authorities and bring it to their attention. This is critical.
- You can send information to authorities anonymously.
If you do see suspicious behavior, do not confront the individuals involved.
Take note of the details and remember “Salute”:
S – Size (Jot down the number of people, gender, ages, and physical descriptions)
A – Activity (Describe exactly what they are doing)
L – Location (Provide exact location)
U – Uniform (Describe what they are wearing, including shoes)
T – Time (Provide date, time, and duration of activity)
E – Equipment (Describe vehicle, make, color etc., license plate, camera, guns, etc)
Suspicious activity is often recalled after an event. We must train ourselves to be on the lookout for things that are out of the ordinary and arouse suspicions.
Staying alert is NOT about becoming paranoid. Staying alert is being aware of one’s surroundings. Be alert to indications of possible trouble.
Stay tuned to ACT for America, the nation’s largest national security-focused grassroots advocacy organization, as we continue with our #OpenEyesSaveLives campaign. Political correctness is costing lives. Help us keep Americans alert and safe!
We need you. America needs you. Be the eyes and ears America needs to help keep our country safe. YOU can be the difference.
The “Open Eyes, Save Lives” campaign from ACT for America is more important today than ever before, but we need your help! Please help by donating today or setting up a monthly donation so that we are able to reach millions of Americans and help save lives.
Please forward this e-mail to everyone you know.
Stay tuned for more specific tips, reminders, and articles on what to look out for regarding national security in our #OpenEyesSaveLives email series. You do NOT want to miss these!