Keep The Pressure on Wednesday Night to Stop the Anti-Competitive Public Works Resolution!
Our grassroots pressure is working!
Over the past month citizen-activists have risen up to stop a potential giveaway to labor unions by the Morris County Freeholder Board. I can't thank those of you enough who have come to the last two board meetings, assisted with our phone banking efforts, and reached out to your freeholders on this issue! In fact, at our phone bank this past Saturday, AFP staff and volunteers made over 5,000 calls to members of the public to alert them about this issue!
You and I are winning this fight, but it is not over. Despite saying the anti-competitive public works resolution was not being considered, the freeholder board was indeed discussing it at length during the March 9th Work Session before the Regular Meeting (Listen here starting at the 1:27:00 mark).
AFP urges you to attend Wednesday night's board meeting and continue to speak out against the resolution and also to contact your freeholders. AFP has created a brief on this issue you can take with you to the meeting on Wednesday evening or even to help draft a letter to the editor to your local paper.
Morris County Freeholder Board Meeting:
Wednesday, March 23 at 7PM
Administration and Records Building
10 Court Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Kathryn DeFillippo, Freeholder Director | KathrynD@co.morris.nj.us
- Hank Lyon, Deputy Freeholder Director | WilliamL@co.morris.nj.us
- John Cesaro | JohnC@co.morris.nj.us
- Douglas Cabana | DouglasC@co.morris.nj.us
- Christine Myers | ChristineM@co.morris.nj.us
- Thomas Mastrangelo | ThomasM@co.morris.nj.us
- Deborah Smith | DeborahS@co.morris.nj.us